"i'm on my new york shiiiit..."



hat to the back
with my new york shit.
razor in my mouth
on some new york shit.

well.
not yet, but the cross country journey begins early 2morrow mornin.
am i excited?
like, totally.
are we performin?
like, totally not.
am i amped to leave beautiful cali weather for the frosty nyc winter?
like, hell no.
but
i get to live out one of my life long fantasies & attend a fashion week runway show
aaaaaand
i get to stay in THE swankiest hotel
&
go to parties
& be fabulous.

am i braggin?
just a tad.
i'm just so excited cuz me & dee-low are in need of a vaycay...
even if there'll be no sun involved.

while that all sounds lovely
i have to shmooz a major fashion line to choose me for their upcomin campaign
&
i have to somehow find time to tie up a few loose ends.

sigh.

the last time i was in new york it was hot & steamy outside.
i was "in love" & blonde & imaginin a life that i wasn't so sure of.
went along with it anyway.
turned 25.
and everything changed.
so now
all these months later
i'm comin back to face a few emotions that have lain dormant since those hot & humid summer days.
not my emotions
cuz
i've already come to grips with how i feel about it all
but
someone else's.

well
if time allows that is.

beyond that
i always seem to get myself into some healthy trouble when i'm in the apple.
i mean
the boys are..
hmmm.
and the parties like
never end.
&
there's always endless amounts of hot boys at these endless parties
&
well
these days
i'm (tryin to be) a more controlled young lady
& honestly
i already have a new crush on a certain someone
&
(as usual) he's so not into me.
hence the reason why i'm so into him.
wtf is that about?
u always want the one u can't have, eh?

fuck u cupid.

speakin of
v-day is quickly approachin
&
although i'm happily single
i am very excited to see all of the cute couples parade their love in the streets.
more importantly
i'm psyched about v-day because i have not one date
but
two!
their names are belvedere & olive juice
cuz in my world
the "v" in v-day stands for vodka.
dirty martinis baby. exxxxtra dirty.
in the words of jerry maguire
"who's comin with me??"

wait, no...
u can't come with me cuz i already have 2 dates
&
anymore company would be a lil gang-bangish.

second post in one day?
am i goin crazy??

a lil.
&
i attribute it to the stiff cocktail that dee-low has me sippin right now.
man
i am sooooo tempted to post some photos
but
that doesn't really go over well with the muses.

speakin of muses
do u remember previous posts about "dream boy"?
the one that i could never seem to escape cuz everytime i turned on my tv/radio he was there?
well
i coulda sworn i told him that i'll never date another musician
but
he just didn't wanna listen.
funny.
even funnier how i'm leavin him hangin
cuz
like i said earlier
i have a new crush to win over.

argh.
here we go again...

oh! enjoy the flick
taken at my bday party in nyc aug 2006.
hey che, brain, & deephunk :)