notes to self :


today i rediscovered the reason why i no longer watch b.e.t.
yeah
i'm all for black empowerment
but
i don't see so much of it on there these days.
or maybe i'm just a snob. yeah. that's prolly what it is.
but
fuckit.

*ahem*

"dear lil romeo...oops, i mean romeo. no longer lil. whatever. i just wasted 4 whole min of my wide-eyed/gaped mouthed life on your video. talk abt a low budge, beta max, "no limit" um, wannabe neo-throwback if u will? sheesh. there was a baby cougar in it for fuck's sake. & don't even get me started on the so-so broad. & then, as if i wasn't already offended, u have the nerve to call it, "grown & sexy"? gag me with a big ass spoon.

oh yeah. thanks julissa for retardedly blurtin out, "aww romeo got taller!"..you're quite a mockery of the journalistic arts, now aren't u? um, can we say bootleg lala?

oh thanks for nothin romeo. now ur dad has to come out. still gruntin & wearin jerseys, eh? i swear 1996 went outta style 11 years ago. wow. thanks master p & b.e.t for makin me hip again.

fucker."

ha.
all of this scribbled inna a 4x2" pad w/ a small red & white museum pencil.
yeah.
my mama says i'm "touched".
as if my b.e.t experience wasn't enough fun
i had the nerve to apologize to my friends for sayin, "nigga" while i was tellin a story.
argh. see this negois bourgeosie propaganda they're tryin to sell me?? niggas want me to apologize for callin em niggas now?
gtfohwtdas.

sigh. if kathleen cleaver could read me now. actually...she just may agree.

oh, things are pretty interestin these days.
business as usual.
asya says mercury is in retrograde, & i can tell. people are showin their colors! some are dull..a few are rather beautiful.
but
"mum's the word".

ahhhh
this week has been a breath of fresh air.
startin with
the most fun, short but sweet hip-hop set at a dilla tribute. oh house shoes. yay aloe. crazy lil asya. and a crazy hype crowd.

time spent with these fun guys at my fave strip bar.

a lovely moment shared with my fave valley boy, lil lotus.

drinks toasted with my beautiful lil bonet sister.

and to top it all off i topped off a slick outfit with my mexican robot boots. it's been a long time since the last time.

man
if i could have drinks with anyone on the face of the earth right now i'd wanna have em with him simply cuz he does it all for the dancefloor.

and i'm wonderin if it's even possible to move too fast. all one can do is move, yeah? who cares how fast or slow (s)he goes...ya gotta live right?

forget it.