a pilgrimage for the non-believer.

i found myself somewhere IN there. i'm not sure how or when it happened, but i strayed too far outside & got lost. in the lights. in the mess. in the superficial. in the race. IN everything except myself. i wasn't writing. i wasn't recording. i wasn't feeling. i wasn't really enjoying, i was just coming & going & that seemed right. i was surrounded by everyone yet disconnected from everything. then the universe flipped the off switch on the world & the lights in my spirit broke through. i had to go in to that deep, dark place i had been avoiding. i had to confront myself & wrap my fears in a warm blanket. it's hard to accept all of one's self - i came face to face with my regrets & forgave myself. i assessed my emotional intelligence & unlearned my feels. i converted my thoughts & updated my mind. now i'm somewhere in the middle of my own vortex drawing connecting dots between them all. writing through it. creating through it. sharing more of it. appreciating all of it. ...for now anyway.