BTS: Saint Luke x WYWH Maxi

WYWH. as in Wish You Were Here...an idea that poured out of me at the start of the global lockdown when i was craving closeness the most yet somehow running away from it at the same time. i'm notoriously great at romantic self-sabotage, and was feeling compelled to write about it but had no sonic landscape. I hadn't recorded in so long, and standing alone as a solo artist after being in a group for almost 20 years was scary for me. i didn't even know what i was hearing in my spirit, or what i wanted to sound like; i was spending my days riding around alone listening to Wu-Tang. complete isolation, dreaming while awake of being held, adored...left with nothing but time to explore my mind & heart...trying to figure out how to finally follow the latter. a beautiful mess. thank you Luke (a saint forreal) for swooping in at the perfect time and turning my rough ideas into fecund aural dreamscapes. can't wait to actually create with you in person. in other news, remind me to tell u about my most recent muse next time u see me...till then stream the Maxi and await the Redux.