i must be dreamin.


lyin here with u.
faces barely visible by candlelight
but
i can still see the contours of ur face.
a million freckles.
perfect teeth.
long legs entertwined with mine.
soft hands on the small of my back.
full lips pressed close to my forehead...my nose...bitin my chin...
faces barely visible
but
i can still see the color of ur eyes.

i guess i know u well.
how?
i'm not sure
but
everyone knows u.
everywhere i go
i see u.
just can't escape u.

when will u stop recurring?

i coulda sworn u were leavin.
even tho u won't really be gone
cuz
everywhere i go
i see u.

silence between us.

music on the surround sound
but
i don't care to listen.
countin ur breaths.
waitin for u to say it
but
u keep me wonderin.
i almost got it out of u that one time.
almost heard u makin it real
but
too many people know u.
too many people love u.
why me when u could have all the others?

i'm so weird & opposite.
i'm not voluptuous.
i'm not sweatin u
like
all the other girls seem to do.

u still
tell me secrets
and
ask me questions
and
let me teach u
and
share ur home
and
show me ur insides...
amongst other things.

it ain't sexual, eh?
we seem to connect in this metaphysical way.
even tho
i said i wasn't tryin to with u.

now i know i must be dreamin
cuz
u broke the silence.
finally said it.
finally did it.
finally...
i wake up.

sigh..........................................

thanks for bein my friday's fave.
hopefully
i'll see u 2nite.