did u miss me???...


cuz i missed u.
really & truly.
but during our time apart i managed to rack up lotsa fun stories & blurries to share.

since new york city
i have graced chicago, los angeles (duh), & las vegas with my presence.
i must say that i love my life.
it took me a while to look in the mirror & truly love the person lookin back at me
but now
i feel like i've tapped into some super charm that has lain dormant for so long.
funny
cuz my daily tarot (& u know i never listen to my daily tarot) keeps tellin me how magnetic i could be if & when i decide to recognize the effect of my natural charm.

well
me thinks i've finally decided to recognize it.
blame it on the leo ego
but
i am kinda feelin myself these days.

see
people tend to think that i'm jack davey all the time....
this bold, sassy, sexy, goodtime girl with no insecurities & this badass attitude
when in actuality
i'm an atypical leo with a cancer rising & a pisces moon.
my fire is surrounded by water.
i'm a sap by nature
so
for me to hit this point of undeniable charm is kinda new for me.
no
i'm not gettin out of control with it
but
i am enjoyin it.

wanna see how much?...lets start with chicago.

snow on the ground.
freezin wind.
cool kids.
an amazin show
&
an even more amazin (& drunken) after-party with dee-low, my fave lil thundercat, and one half of kidz in the hall amongst a few others.
too much hennessy
&
red wine
&
free beer
&
green stuff.
then, 11am rolled around & it was time to jet set back home
to flossangeles for the
J*DaVeY hosted/FUSICOLOGY sponsored J Dilla tribute...

first of all
thanks to all of the J*DBabies that came out cuz they thought we were performin.
sorry to disappoint u this time
but
the nite was a total blast!
dj house shoes was there
&
so was matty j
&
my man aloe blacc
&
producer/director extradordinaire griffin marcus
&
my beautiful parents
&
the best stylist ever, ms. jazzy benjamin even brought a date
&
tick & mr. honey honey posed with my mama
& then i swooped by loyola hi school to pick up my lil bro & we caravaned to the 10th annual friends & family grammy party at henson studios till the wee hours of the morn.

ahhh...grammy weekend.
so many parties
so lil time.
somehow, in the midst of rockin a session with steve bays of hot hot heat, i found time to hit yet another dilla event & (of course) the best jam session ever! ms. anita baker killed it for nostalgia's sake
&
i got to catch up with the lovely nikki jean
&
black thought kept the crowd movin
&
after way too much fun (& drinks) we made our way east on a rainy sunset blvd & realized that we better sober up or else we could end up like this...

eek.
the next few days were pretty lazy
&
then came sin city.

yes.
those are poprocks courtesy of my boy basik cuz he knows i love corny gifts & this fly guy promised to gimme $20 if i snorted a perfect poprock line.
delirious at the magic trade show?
certainly!
did i walk away with the $20?
of course not!...i'm not THAT crazy.

oh, las vegas how i love u for short periods of time.
i had never attended the magic show out there, but jazzy benjamin suggested we take a roadtrip & drool over fashion for a few days. how could i say no?? i heart fashion & las vegas is just rowdy enough for me.
so
we hit the town & painted it a few different colors with hvw8 ty g
&
my future ex-hubby mel d. cole
&
the future father of my blindian kids, sir han cholo
&
the lovely ladies of love-made
&
my main man dizzy
&
(for the 2nd time inna week) the legendary roots crew
&
a lil cutie pie named anthony
&
some horrible strippers
&
well
the rest truly is a blur.

now it's back to work.
gotta finish the mixtape, man.
no sleep till i finish...
well
maybe lite sleep.
but no more parties
&
no more photos, okay?

well
unless they're blurries.....

oh yeah...happy belated v-day :)